Scale bar = 1cm.
Club-rush - a native? (Isolepis marginata)
Family: Cyperaceae (Sedge family).
Native of Australia, South Africa. The local populations may be native, or South African.
Occurrence: damp areas.
- it is a small tufted plant
- the flowering stalks are up to 10cm high
- the leaves are less than half the length of the flowering stalks
- the flowers are in clusters, with 1-6 spikelets per cluster
- the flowers in each spikelet are arranged around the stalk (not oppositely arranged).
Two plants from Tarnagulla.