Scale bar is 1cm
Yellow Rush - native (Juncus flavidus)
Family: Juncaceae (Rush family).
- the culm striations are crowded and scarcely raised, so they are difficult to count, particularly near the base
- culms are dull, yellowish green to blue green
- the air spaces in the stem are variable in size
- the flowers are clustered or spreading
- the petals taper to a fine point
- the stems have 50-120 striations
- the cataphylls (the straw-textured basal leaves) are dark at the base
- the flowers become yellow with age.
Photo 1: Dried specimen. Faraday.