Scale bar is 1cm
Juncus gregiflorus - native
Family: Juncaceae (Rush family).
Occurrence: Uncommon. Records for the Western Reserve and the Poverty Gully water race.
- the stems are bright green
- the pith is interrupted with usually large air spaces
- the stems are generally narrow, and up to 3mm wide
- the cataphylls (basal leaves) are dark coloured at the base
- the petals and sepals are short and sharp-pointed, and 2.4mm long
- the stems have 30-80 striations
- the seed cases are about as long as the petals
- the cataphylls (basal leaves) are dark-coloured at the base.
gregiflorus: clustered flowers.